POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amazing Discovery! : Amazing Discovery! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Amazing Discovery!
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 21 Nov 1999 17:07:48
Message: <38386D60.E9A800A3@istar.ca>
1) Make a tube with your hand.
2) Close one eye.
3) Look through the tube at your rendered image. You should not be able
to see any of your screen or the surrounding room.

Voila! The image seems to pop out into amazing 3-d glory!

I imagine this works since we usually depend on two eyes to judge depth.
With one eye closed we depend on other kinds of visual clues. By
blocking out everything but the image, the only visula clues we have
left come from the pic itself.

This is really amazing. Try it!

The only disadvantage is that to block out the screen border you have to
block out most of the image as well...